Cape Cod Car Accident With No Insurance?
In serious car accidents, very often the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance. Sometimes the negligent driver has no insurance at all, or flees the scene without being identified.
Your own auto insurance policy may cover these scenarios, but uninsured/underinsured motorist claims are often challenged or denied. In other words, it’s not an insurance coverage problem, it’s an insurance company problem. You need a lawyer who can force insurers to live up to their legal obligations.
The law firm of Aiken and Aiken P.C. Personal Injury Attorneys represents auto accident victims on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket and southeastern Massachusetts, with offices in Hyannis and Falmouth. Call us today for a free consultation.
Hyannis Uninsured Underinsured Car Accident Attorneys
Auto accident insurance can be confusing. Massachusetts law requires every driver to carry a minimum amount of insurance for bodily injury to others. Most drivers have additional protection under their own policies:
- Your Med-Pay policy (no-fault insurance) covers medical bills up to a certain amount.
- The negligent driver’s liability insurance covers any additional medical expenses, plus damages such as future medical care, lost income, permanent disability, and pain and suffering.
- If your total damages exceed that driver’s liability policy (often the case when there are serious or permanent injuries), your own underinsured motorist insurance makes up the difference, up to your policy limits.
- If the at-fault driver has no insurance, or in the event of a hit-and-run accident, your uninsured motorist policy pays all damages up to your policy limits.
- In circumstances such as collisions with commercial vehicles, there may be third-party insurance coverage.
On paper, you are covered anytime somebody else is at fault for your accident. In reality, you have to fight the insurance companies for every dollar. Steve Aiken and Paul Aiken are accomplished trial lawyers with a proven record in auto insurance litigation. They will negotiate on your behalf or go all the way to a jury to secure your rightful compensation.
|Free Auto Insurance Review
Liability insurance covers injuries to others, but are you covered if you or a family member is badly injured? Uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) is fairly cheap, but it is not required by law — you may not have this vitally important coverage unless you specifically request it. Our attorneys are happy to advise clients on insurance coverage. At no charge, we will review your auto policies and suggest changes to protect you as much as possible if you are injured or if you are sued.
Injured In An Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist Accident?
If you had a no-insurance car accident, the Cape Cod lawyers of Aiken and Aiken P.C. Personal Injury Attorneys will personally handle your claims. To schedule a free consultation, call 508-771-2266 or toll free at 800-794-2291. You can also contact us online.