Accidents involving large trucks and semis often result in serious injuries to the driver of the smaller automobile. The disparity in size between the truck and the car makes a truck accident different and more serious than other types of motor vehicle accidents. At the law firm of Aiken & Aiken, P.C., our attorneys represent clients who have been involved in a truck accident in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts from Boston to Cape Cod and the Islands.
Some accident injuries suffered because of a truck crash are:
- Catastrophic injuries
- Broken bones
- Back and head injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- The government imposes demanding regulations on the trucking industry, such as:
- A truck driver must maintain special licenses.
- Drivers of commercial trucks are regulated as to the amount of time they are allowed to drive, the types of trucks they can drive, and the amount of liability insurance they must carry.
- Vehicle’s weight and length
- Maintenance schedule for tractors and trailers
For a variety of factors, trucking accidents often require litigators that are more experienced. These lawsuits are more complicated because the presence of multiple parties, all of whom may share part of the liability for the crash. The potential for large settlements also means trucking companies and their insurance companies often employ more resources towards defending trucking accident lawsuits. The lawyers at Aiken & Aiken, P.C. have over fifty-five years of combined experience fighting for the rights of people injured in a truck accident.
To speak to one of the attorneys of Aiken & Aiken, P.C., (508) 771-2266 or toll free (800) 794-2291. Submit your question to us by filling out the attached contact us form.